Thursday, March 13, 2014

Precious Moments

There are days, like today, when I am filled with the joy of my children. Having them with me, seeing new growth, being with them, hearing their laughs, their giggles, their play.
I examine my joy, examine this life I am living, because I know it is different from most. I wake up with my children and put them to bed at night...and live most moments in between those moments alongside my children.
I look at my seven year old and realize that these are precious days. He is growing. Changing. Pushing boundaries. And I am witness to these moments. Morning moments. Quiet-time moments. Just-before-supper moments. After supper moments.
I think it is the wealth of these moments that overwhelms me some days. Fills me with a peace and joy that I can't always define. It is full-life. A breathtaking opportunity. It is moments like today, when my 5 year old and 2 year old are cuddled together in an easy chair, my 7 year old sitting on the couch with his arm draped around my 3 year old. And I feel this joy of being us, of living this life the way we have chosen to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment