Sunday, July 21, 2013

Life is in the details

Colson...we went to Cove Valley camp for a week. You were just three, repeating prayers back to us in one word.
God, thank you for my food.
Food.
Help me sleep tonight.
Sleep.
Heal my friend who is sick.
Sick.
We prayed, you agreed with a one word affirmation. You loved Cove, playing, riding bike, and hamming it up with the staff. You were not shy! I noticed nothing out of the ordinary when we arrived home, until it came time to pray. I pray? you asked. Sure. And you prayed. Complete prayers, all by yourself, to a God who could hear every every quiet word. Eyes closed, then opened with the amen. And just like that you were praying.

Asher...quite a to-do this week with a big storm, trees down, and fire trucks all over the place checking on a downed electrical box next door to us. So many firemen standing around for what? we as adults laughed, though thankful. You pipe up with humor in your voice...I guess we should rent a port-a-potty!

Ezra, this morning...Mom, are old people still adults?

Avi...clearing out the boys dresser drawers, pulling apart folded piles of clothes, leaving laundry strewn through the house, you are showing me a part of your character that I still can't place. What does all this mean for who you are becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment